Wednesday 30 December 2015

Post Christmas knitting

This year I planned a little treat for the hubby and myself. After all the hustle and bustle of preparing for Christmas, Christmas day itself and the eating yourself silly over the course of 2 days, I thought it would be nice to unwind and relax on an old steam train journey.

The journey started on a very foggy Sunday morning in whitehead where, once I got my seat, the sock promptly came out.

By the time we reached dublin some 4 hours later I had made little progress, mainly because we played cards the whole way down!
Determined to do some actual knitting on the way home, I managed to complete the foot and am now sitting in Starbucks about to do my heel.
Our train was called merlin and the journey was great! I would recommend a steam trip to everyone.... there are special easter and Christmas trips so have a look on their website (printed on the bottom of the flyer)

No comments: