Monday, 3 May 2010

Poor clapotis

I started knitting my clapotis last August. When I finished one ball I got bored and put in away until after Christmas knitting was complete. At the start of this year I knitted another ball and put it away again for a while. Last week I took it out again with the aim of completing it and using the last ball up. So there I was, merrily knitting away, until it dawned on me that I had 92 rows to knit and the yarn was decreasing quite rapidly... 5 decrease repeats and the last 1 rows left to knit and the yarn runs out :(

Seems the clapotis doesn't want to be finished. Thankfully, Ravelry has helped me source a knitted who is selling my colourway... so I bought 2 balls to only really use one. bit of an odd way to use yarn up, lol

1 comment:

Ozzy Blackbeard said...

Oh no!!! Thank goodness disaster has been averted though! Good old Raverly, what did we do without it! :) I loved knitting my Clapotis. I used King Cole Mirage, which is lovely but tends to stick to itself a bit. I ended up having to pull all the dropped stitches apart with a crochet hook. Very trying.