Sunday 18 January 2009

Does this count?

On Wednesday, at SnB, Jolene gave me my Christmas present - a "Hand it to 'em" glove kit from Getknitted.com. Unfortunately, the kit contained sock yarn in which to create the said gloves.

In my whole "no new yarn" thing, does this count as a 2008 intake (since it was for Christmas after all) or a 2009 (since this is when it was received)

More to the point - how do I put this one into the notebook? My categories are used and bought, so should I start a new category for gifted??

This, simple as it probably is, hurts my brain, lol.

4 comments:

Dulcinea said...

Definitely 2009!

Fairytale Frog said...

First of all it was a Christmas gift, so was technically 2008 ... but it was literally 2009, so put it where it suits your intentions better lol

Gifted is a special category of bought, just like giving yarn away is a special category of used. Gifts have no associated guilt for giving in and buying, but giving yarn away has no satisfaction from the finished item :P

Nikki said...

Nicky, would you like to simplify that one for me,lol??

But to clarify how it was recorded... a gifted section was begun.

Fairytale Frog said...

I think my brain just runs a bit differently from the rest of the world, I really don't do explaining very well ...