Tuesday 9 February 2016

Ta da!!!

Well, after many many months, the laptop is back! And you know what that means....half decent posts!!!

A few weeks ago, a fellow knitter and I joined a motley crew of knitters at the gorgeous Ballydugan Cottages for a weekend of learning. It was organised by the Textile studio and focused on continental knitting and pattern design. 

While I didn't do much in the way of the designing (it was a "do as much or as little as you want" weekend) I did learn that ballband gauges are next to useless, always swatch and a lot of maths is required.

Instead, I knitting an entire project in continental stitch. (I know, I know, another dishcloth. Its not all I knit you know)

How did I find it? To be honest, it was awkward and slow to begin with, but once I got the hang of it I thought it was great. I put a repeat of "normal" knitting in the project and I can't see which was continental and which isn't. 

As for the project itself, it had its ends woven in, picture taken and was rapidly gifted to Jo. She loves handmade washcloths and doesn't get time to make them for herself, so I gifted her this one.

I also managed to get a wip finished when I was there -  an unphotographed barley hat and I started a sweater for my nephew. 

All in all I think it was a rather productive weekend and I would certainly go again!


No comments: