Tuesday 10 November 2009

I buyed yarn.


robinson
Originally uploaded by ropeadope_ie
Yes, I caved and bought yarn but its to knit this:

Isn't it cute!? Its called Robinson and is from Patons Nursery Story pattern book.

Here's my plan, and I believe it to be a rather cunning plan at that.

I had a look at the pattern and noted that the age 2-3 required 5 balls of the main colour (brown in the photo) and 1 of the contrasting colour (cream), and I handily enough had 5 balls of one colour...

These balls to be more precise:


The colourway is called Misty and randomlythe photo is quite a good match for what the colour is like in person. My plan is to knit the above cardigan and therefore have purchased 2 balls in order to knit up 5 (yes, there are 5 there) which I think is quite a good method of using the stash and getting a lovely cardigan at the end of the day.



So these are the 2 balls I bought, as the contrasting colour, nice and green. I was thinking of doing the ribbing in the green to brighten it up a tad, and also in case there's not enough of the blue, but I have a while to think about it.

So... do you think my yarn purchase was justified?

2 comments:

Fairytale Frog said...

I think you have been very reserved and it is certainly justified. I also think it's a lovely hoodies, can't wait to see it all finished up :)

Nikki said...

you'll have a while to wait Nicky, next year at the earliest, lol.