Friday, 7 August 2009
We have a FO!!!
It took a while for me to get the knitting finished, and once that was done it just sat there for days because I didn't want to see it for a while. Once it was washed though, I think it started to really annoy me with the "I will not dry" streak - 2 days before I lost the plot and spent an entire day seaming it while it was still damp. It was then flung unceremoniously upon a radiator and told it wasn't moving until it was dry!
Weaving the ends in (again) and the buttons took another huge chunk of time that I don't want to think about. I did want the entire thing finished before I came home... the last button was attached at 11:40pm the night before we came home - thats what I call cutting it fine!
But the mother likes it very much and has already had it on, it fits nicely and the sleeves are a nice length too (they're short 3/4 length in the pattern) so all in all its nice now that its finished but I won't repeat either the pattern or the yarn again (once I get rid of these last two balls that is)